Sunday, October 25, 2015

Things I have been up to...

I took a couple days off of blogging to catch up on life.   I found myself spending a little too much time in front of the computer....I love reading and commenting on blogs.  It makes me feel like I have a social life even if it just through blogging. 
Finally got around to carving pumpkins and had so much fun!!!
Mine is the top one and Zachary's is on the bottom.  I think they are so cute!!!

 
I mentioned a few weeks ago I was in the process of sorting through my spices and changing over to Morton & Bassett because they seem to be more to my liking versus the regular brand.  I never used Chinese Five Spice so I picked up a bottle to see what it was.  It has a really interesting smell kind of like black licorice and cinnamon.
Chinese five spice powder is a spice mixture, typically made from fennel, cloves, Szechuan peppercorns, star anise, and cinnamon.
 I was feeling quite adventurous and roasted the pumpkin seeds with it and they were awesome. 
 
Lots of miles and spinning going on.
 
Rest, I definitely needed some serious sleep lately.  Unfortunately, Prissy had started a bad habit of banging on the blinds at all hours of the night/morning to wake me up.  I put her on the bed and she jumps down and does it all over again.  I have had her for twelve years and this is something new, but I am really tired of it.  She just wants company.  I woke her up all day long today thinking she may sleep tonight, I hope so.  I do not want to lock her out of my room. She has Grinch paws!!!
 
 



I have two races planned for November.  One is an 18 mile trail run and the other is a Turkey Trot.  I have A LOT of work to do.  I am just so excited to be healthy and injury free right now.  I rested more than I liked. Usually I just push myself through an injury. 

Well that is all I have for now.  I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!  Good Luck to everyone racing.

Have you carved your Halloween pumpkin?
Do you have a pet that refuses to let you sleep?
What is your next race?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment