Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day one!!! Classic yellow bundt cake, and a new running record


I really did not know where to start with 700 recipes, so I just turned to a page.  Classic yellow bundt cake, it is in the oven now and it smells so good.  It was a pretty simple recipe with basic ingredients that most people already have in their pantry.  

Usually when I bake I don't use precise measurements, I just eyeball it, however I want to follow every step and use exactly what each recipe calls for.  In the picture above, there are 3 eggs plus an extra yolk.  The egg situation was different because I usually throw the yolk out and eat only egg whites. Oops... Also ther is vanilla, lemon juice, white all purpose flour, unsalted butter, buttermilk, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  The eggs, butter, and buttermilk were room temperature per the recipe.
This challenge requires me to taste everything, I mean that is what all the professional chefs do!!! Yes, I licked the beater and the bowl and it was perfect.  I use a Kitchenmaid Artisan mixer. I have had it for twelve years, it is an important part of my life.  People laugh because when I move, it sits in the front seat next to me.  Hopefully, I won't have to move anytime soon.
Finished product. 699 more to go 364 days!!!

As I took on this challenge, I realized that none of the recipes are conducive to maintaining my "girlish" figure. In order to negate all the "extra" baked goods, I have decided to increase my mileage and incorporate a two-a-day workout when possible.
This morning I took to the sidewalks and knocked out a seven mile run.  When I got home and downloaded my Garmin I got an alert
This made me so happy!!!!! 

Should I do a step by step of my recipes or just an overview?
Do you bake? What is your favorite baked good? 
Do you have any fall races scheduled?


No comments:

Post a Comment