Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My life lately

I am currently on recipe number 40 on my quest to bake through the Americas Test Kitchen Family Baking book.  I am still enjoying it, only one disaster, actually it tasted terrific just looked horrible. The Chocolate Tunnel Cake, which turned into the Chocolate Puddle Cake.  I figured out what went wrong.  I used a Pampered Chef stoneware pan and should have used a metal one.  Who knew???

Yesterday was Mommy Monday. We went to see Hotel Transylvania 2.  It was a really good movie, we laughed a lot.
If you have young children this movie is definitely a must see.
Zachary always tries to get me to get movie concessions and I just cannot spend $6.00 for a soda.  We went to Krogers before we went to the movie he got a Dr. Pepper, I got a green apple Gatorade, two bags of the Jolly Rancher caramel apple lollipops and chapstick for $6.00.  I am trying to make him appreciate the value of  money. We did not eat all the lollipops!!!!  I could have though
 I saw somebody had posted about these lollipops.  They are crazy good!!!
I have been taking it easy running with my leg acting like a complete asshole, excuse my term but that is exactly how I feel about it.  I have tried everything.  Yesterday I just said eff it and went running.  It was a little bothersome at first but I managed to knock out five miles at an 8 minute mile.  So I am satisfied with that.  I have a race on Saturday morning which I want to PR at.  I have been going to extra spin classes each week that way my cardio does not suffer too much.  

Thanks so much for stopping by, I would appreciate any feedback good or bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  





20 comments:

  1. Good luck Saturday! Hope your leg continues to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Saturday! Hope your leg continues to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movie theatre snacks are so overpriced! I am notorious for bringing my own snacks! I think its super important for kids to learn the value of money & how to save/ spend/ shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy to spend that much for concessions. Thanks Kerri

      Delete
  4. If I drowned myself in that cake, would that be inappropriate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your legs feels better for your race on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake looks INSANE, defo not a disaster just look at all the goo!
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy it was absolutely amazing. I was supposed to make a glaze, but I just poured the mess over it and I cannot even explain how good it was.

      Delete
  7. Hope you legs gets to feeling better. Injuries are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you legs gets to feeling better. Injuries are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Julie it seems like the older I get the longer it takes to heal.

      Delete
  9. Yep, my foot has been acting like an asshole. I like your description. It really fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy!!! I am a potty mouth but I kinda like it.

      Delete
  10. I spent my Monday with my mom too! :) Although…I put her to work hanging things on my walls instead of letting her relax and watch a movie haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny!!! I hope you had fun though

      Delete
  11. I feel your frustration! I'm having problems with my left foot! Argh. I seriously want to try the caramel apple pops. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you start feeling better too!! The pops are sooo good

      Delete