Monday, September 21, 2015

What I did this weekend besides eat scones.


I know I have already mentioned the scones I made, but they are worthy of an encore.  They were so easy to make and I can only attribute them to two great workouts...that's my story and I am sticking to it.  
Saturday morning I could not decide if I wanted to join the trail run group or do my Saturday double spin class.  Seeing as how my trail shoes are a little outdated, I decided to do the spin class. I enjoy spin because it is what you make of it.  I don't settle for anything and if I am there for 2 hours I am going to make it worth my while.  Surprisingly I was not sore at all. 
Have you ever been in a spin class, and you see someone just casually riding like they are riding through Paris?  Meanwhile you have puddles of sweat around you.  We have a lady who actually rides with boots-with the fur.  It is quite comical because she is oblivious to the fact that you are there to work. 
The rest of Saturday was just for relaxing and watching a little more Orange is the New Black,  I only have a few more episodes to be caught up.
Sunday morning the temperatures were pretty cool.  I planned a fourteen mile run.  I had the best run.  My mind was calm, my legs felt great, my breathing was under control.  I was so relieved to have a good run and feel good afterwards.  
After I took a cold shower because I felt  too hot when I got home, I drank so much water, it was ridiculous.  A few hours later I was starving, so we decided to got to Eat Well.  I have not been to Eat Well in months.  Eat Well is a sushi buffet in Bartlett, TN.  I believe this is the best sushi place in the Memphis area.  You watch them make it, so you know it is fresh.  I ate my weight in food and drank a lot more water.  For the rest of the afternoon I could feel things start to tighten up so I went for a two mile walk later in the evening, and felt bettter.

How was your weekend? Workout? 
Do you just veg out on weekends or do you go all out?
Have you ever worked out with someone who is just there for looks?

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great run this weekend! I can't believe that lady wears fur boots to your spin class! I haven't been to a spin class in years, but I have definitely seen people there who are not working hard at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, it is so funny to watch her. She just really sits there and dances with the music, meanwhile i am pouring sweat out of every pore of my existence. Thanks

      Delete
  2. I am still laughing thinking about the woman with the fur boots! assuming she doesn't follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she does not follow my blog. She is definitely one of a kind. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Spinning is no joke! I used to take spin classes at the YMCA. It was always hard for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I always push myself because if I got my ass there I am going to make it worth my time. Thanks Meg

      Delete
  4. It cracks me up when I see people "working out" but they look like they just took a shower - make-up, no sweat. Who are they trying to fool? ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. They think they are smarter and we are dumb maybe? I know I look like a hot mess when I am at the gym Thanks

      Delete
  5. I was laughing out loud at the "boots with the fur." That's hysterical. At my spin class there is a guy who truly works hard, but huffs and puffs the whole 45 minutes. Loudly. It's ridiculous. Those scones looks amazing. We are doing a breakfast potluck at work on Friday and I need to bring something.... So if you could mail these to me that'd be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally mail you some!!!! I cannot stand to hear men grunting at the gym it makes me nauseous Thanks

      Delete
  6. Vegging out on the weekends is my favorite :)

    I don't understand people who go to the gym all made up and looking cute - aren't they there to workout and get sweaty and gross like the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so comical to watch. I have no desire to look good at the gym I go there to work. Thanks Becky

      Delete
  7. My weekend was great! Got lots done for my upcoming trip to Portland for the Vegan Beer and Food Festival. I hate coming back to a dirty apartment :) There's a saying on a tshirt - "If you look pretty after your workout, you didn't work hard enough."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to Portland so bad!!! That sounds like a lot of fun. I am the same way about going on trips, I clean my house before so when I get home I can relax. Thanks

      Delete