Thursday, September 3, 2015

Throwback Thursday, and my first loaf of real bread!!!!

Ok I'm going way back, like 20 years back. I was getting promoted to Sergeant in the picture, I was so proud that day. I loved it when people called me Sergeant Davis.
                                     
I LOVE getting mail today the new edition of Runner's World came!!!!
I read this thing from front to back, so much awesome information that I actually adhere to. Not to mention I only paid $4.99 for a two year subscription.  Leave a comment and I will tell you how you can too.
Today is day 3 of my baking challenge, I decided to try to make bread, which isn't easy.  The recipe I chose was Cinnamon Swirl Bread using a rapid rise yeast.  I've never had much luck using yeast or making any sort of bread. It always flops.  I know if I just pay attention and do everything that is outlined it will be successful. 
The ingredients white all purpose flour, melted unsalted butter, warm milk, raped rise yeast, cinnamon (duh), two egg yolks, salt, white and brown sugar. I've never used my dough hook attachment, it worked wonders.
I'm a little behind the bread is in the oven right now, it smells so good.

What is your favorite type of bread?  I love Italian bread with dipping oil
What is your favorite thing to get in the mail? I love packages!!!
Do you ever get so behind that it just seems so overwhelming?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment