Saturday, September 19, 2015

The best cranberry orange scones EVER.

I made the perfect scones. I thought because they sound so fancy that it was going to be difficult.  Seriously they only took about 20 minutes.  I used to order the scones at Starbucks but they were kinda pricey and hit and miss on freshness.
I decided to make cranberry orange scones yesterday afternoon because they just sounded good.
The recipe called for baking powder, sugar, salt, orange zest, dried cranberries, butter (always),
heavy cream and flour.  Mix everything together.  In order to get the scone shape, you press the dough into a nine inch cake pan, and then divide it like pizza. These only needed to bake for ten minutes
They were soft, fluffy, perfection.  I will definitely be making these again. If I were to describe a scone to someone who has never tried one, it is a mildly sweet, biscuit like creation usually using a fruit to flavor it. 
Yesterday I had a short run, 4 miles, I had planned on going further but it was way too hot. This weekend is supposed to be the last heat wave here in Memphis, we shall see.
This is pretty much my plan for the weekend.

Have you ever had a scone?
What are your plans for the weekend?
Is it still hot where you live?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE SCONES. My grandmother used to make the best scones ever. Nothing ever compares :) I've never even tried to make them. Looks easy enough. I may use your recipe and give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would have thought scones would be much more difficult to make. I think I could even make these... ;)

    ReplyDelete